A three day Training workshop on “Basics of Thalassaemia and PTPP program”, was organized for the healthcare personnel of the Punjab Thalassaemia Prevention Programme. All Lab staff of PIMU (Lahore), Regional Coordinators (Multan, Bahawalpur and Rawalpindi), Field Monitoring Officers and Field Officers (FOs) attended the workshop.
The objectives of the workshop were:
- To encourage and re-motivate the field, lab and admin staff of PTPP.
- To serve as a refresher course on the field work and overview of the Project
- To give orientation to newly hired field and lab staff
- To coordinate with Regional Offices of Multan, Bahawalpur, Rawalpindi.
This workshop covered the following topics:
- Basics of Genetic Counseling
- Pedigree Tree drawing practice
- Weekly & Monthly Reporting formats
- Reporting and record keeping
Instruction/guidance usage of application software through smart phones